Recipe and Photography by Lyndey Milan
Preparation 10 minutes
Cooking 12 minutes
4 Redbelly citrus, washed, skin on, sliced into rounds
4 salmon fillets
1 baby fennel, cored, thinly sliced, fronds reserved
¾ cup green Sicilian olives, stoned
340 g jar roasted red pepper strips, drained
2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
juice of 1 medium Redbelly blood orange
drizzle extra virgin olive oil
Small basil leaves, to serve
800g chat potatoes, boiled until very tender
2 tablespoons (40ml) extra virgin olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 200⁰C (180⁰C fan-forced).
- For Smashed potatoes: Place boiled potatoes on a paper-lined baking tray and use the back of a fork or a potato masher to lightly crush each potato. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes or until crisp and golden, turning once half way to encourage browning.
- Increase oven to 220’C (200’C fan-forced). Leave potatoes in the oven.
- Cut eight 20x30cm pieces of baking paper. Lay four pieces over the bench, top each with a second piece.
- Place a bed of Redbelly slices in the centre of each layer of baking paper, and top evenly with salmon fillet, fennel, olives, red pepper, capers, salt and pepper and drizzle with Redbelly juice and olive oil.
- Bring the long sides of each piece up and fold firmly down. Then fold in the 2 short sides and tuck them under tightly to create a pocket. Repeat to make five more parcels.
- Place parcels seam side on oven tray. Bake until just cooked through (10-12 minutes).
- Remove straight onto serving plates, carefully open the top of each parcel and scatter with a few basil leaves. Serve with smashed potatoes.
Lyndeys note: Any fish can be used or try thinly sliced chicken breast or pork medallions.
Vegetarian alternative: replace salmon with zucchini strips and mushrooms.